Thursday, February 19, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Luke!!!
















February 16th was my baby's 1st birthday! I can't believe that he is one already. He is such a blessing in our family. I sang "happy birthday" to him all day long, and he loved it! I wanted to try and make his birthday cake awesome, but I'm not that great at stuff like that, so I ended up making cupcakes with fishes on them. Luke had a great time helping me. Everytime I would get a fish cut out he'd grab it and try to eat it. He also enjoyed his cupcake very much. He ate the whole thing! Later we had Brad's family come over to have cupcakes and open presents. It was a blast!!! Luke was more entertained by the bows and wrapping paper than the presents, but all the kids had a great time opening his presents for him. Seth loved all of Luke's new toys. He's been playing with them nonstop since Monday.
I am so grateful to have both of my boys. I love them so much!
Other exciting news is that Luke is now walking! He's getting so big! Brad is trying out a new business deal while the weather is still too cold for concrete. He seems to enjoy it, so I'm way excited for him. I'm just getting over a massive infection. I had a huge abcess on the tissue over my breast bone, and had to get it drained yesterday. It was no fun, but today it's feeling much better. The doctor said it's probably a staff infection, but we'll have to wait and see when the culture comes back. That was pretty graphic, sorry, but that's about as exciting as I ever get.
Just a little update on my family. My brother Jake is getting married in April to Ashlee Burbank from Preston. They are so stinkin' cute! I love weddings, so I'm way excited. Adam is serving his mission in Honolulu, Hawaii. He is loving it! The weather is great, and the people are so nice. Ashlee is getting ready to do Jr. Miss. She just got some gorgeous dresses (or at least that's what I've been told, since I haven't seen them). Ami is a freshman in High School now, and she's loving every minute of it. She played soccer this last fall, and loved it! My little buddy Kadee is doing great! She has Amber (Burns) husband as a teacher, and she thinks he's awesome. Everyone is growing up so fast. I'm just getting older. I had a sad awakening the other day while I was visiting my family in Preston. We went to a boys basketball game to listen to Ashlee sing the National Anthem with the choir, and while I was walking in with my dad and sisters, the lady taking money asked if I was part of their family. It was so sad. I am now the daughter that is too old to remember. Nobody even knows who I am when I go home. Well, that's my sad...I'm getting so old story.

7 comments:

Lee and Roni Poston said...

So sad for you! At least you don't look old. Your boys are too cute. What did you use for the fish cutouts on the cupcakes? They were adorable.. LOL Roni.

Leah said...

I can't believe that Luke is one! That is crazy. Sorry that you were sick. If I were there I would bring you dinner! We hope that you guys will visit us someday. The cupcakes were cute!

Howells Fam said...

I have the opposite problem. When I go home, I'm trying to avoid anyone recognizing me! How exciting that your kids are so big - they're cute!

Keller Family said...

Hey Kim! That is a funny, sad story. We need to hook up the next time you are in town. I guess I didn't put two and two together with your sister in Kel's class. Oops! You have a dang cute family.

Womack Family said...

Hey Kim!! You're looking great. I can't believe the boys.....so grown up. Have a wonderful day. We miss you guys

Anonymous said...

Cute family pic it was good to see you the other day!

Tess said...

Okay, Amy was this little tiny girl when we were in High school! Everyone is getting so old. I feel the same way around town, I don't know anyone anymore!

Susannah and I are wanting to get together sometime. Do you get to Preston often or it is easier to meet in Pocatello or something? Let me know! tessandlance@yahoo.com