Friday, March 13, 2009

911

Well, yesterday was a terrible day for us. It all started when I decided to go shopping for a smokin' dress for Jake's wedding. We had gone to lunch at Mc Donald's with some friends, and then we drove over to Fred Meyer. It was getting to be nap time, but I figured the boys would survive a few minutes of shopping. I was way wrong.
I found some cute dresses and was trying them on in the dressing room, and Seth kinda lost it. He was mad at me because I said I wasn't going to buy him the Batman that he was holding onto. He started to open the package, so I picked my dress and left Batman in the dressing room so we could just buy our stuff and leave. As I was pulling out of the dressing room Seth leaned over the cart reaching for Batman and fell out right onto his face. I couldn't reach him in time because the cart was in the way. I could hear his face smashing into the floor, but I just couldn't get to him fast enough. It was so Awful! I hurried and picked him up and ran him to the nearest desk. He was bleeding from his mouth and nose, and just screaming. Luke was also crying, and I was just bawling.
Brad and I ended up taking him into our pediatrition, and he said he should be fine. He also said he'll look worse than he feels, and I sure hope so because his face looks so sore. He says he has a scary eye now. He's doing fine today, he's acting like himself, and wants to me to play with him and his new Batman. He hasn't thrown up yet, so I'm hoping he didn't get a concusion. He has been playing with his new Batman nonstop (I ended up buying it because I felt so stinkin bad). It was such a horrible day, but I'm just glad he's OK. He ended up with a huge bonk on his forehead, a black eye so puffy he can bearly open it, a sore nose, bloodied teeth, and a little bonk on his chin. What a trooper!

Here is another picture of our little bashed up boy. :(
Here are a few other pics I took of the boys being handsom before church.
Here's Seth being Spiderman, and Luke getting in the fridge (one of his favorite things.)





10 comments:

kandis said...

woah, crazy but somewhat hilarious at the same time! I would have been freaking out too!! But I think that it's hilarious that he got the batman that wanted!!!! :) Both boys are so adorable and they look so stink'n cute all dressed up in their chruch stuff!

Howells Fam said...

That is so sad! His poor face just looks so painful! I'm sure he'll be fine though, kids heal fast! I love the church outfits.

Brandi said...

Poor Kid, I am glad that he is feeling better today.

Leah said...

Oh my goodness Kim! My sister's little girl fell out of the cart this week too! She was texting me. I felt horrible! Glad he is feeling better.

Brandon and Kristina said...

hey kim. i just got your message. Our phone only works periodically...i need to get a new one. Anyway I will call you tomorrow because I am sure that 12:41 is a little too late :) I hope Seth feels better soon. I am glad you got the batman. I bet it made him feel all better!
\

Brandon and Kristina said...

kim. i have no way of contacting you by phone. the phone i was using didn't hold a charge and so i switched to brandons old work phone. ya...pretty sure i can call amcor and a baegal shop in rexburg. so can you call me. and if i happen not to answer can you leave your phone #. thanks! how is seth feeling?

Child Family said...

It is always so sad when your little one gets hurt. Hope he gets better soon.

The McClellan Family said...

Oh poor thing! It did look really bad! And they look so handsome in their suits!

Rigby High School Class of '99 said...

Hello Kim- My name is Stephanie and I am trying to help get the Rigby High school reunion up and going so I was wondering if you had a second if you could E-mail us Brad's e-mail and info at rigbyhighschool99@gmail.com. Thanks so much-
P.S Brad is a lucky man to get such a cute wife and kids. I am not suprised to see your son with a black eye- I remember Brad always wanted to be a stunt man- like father like son :)

Tina said...

Poor guy, I hope he feels better soon, Your boys are sooo cute in there church clothes!