Saturday, December 3, 2011

Catch up on the rest of 2011......

Well, I've been a major slacker so I'm going to attempt to sum up the whole year in one post! We'll see how this ends up...I'm afraid it's going to be a long one. I guess I'll start just after Brad's birthday which was way back in April. Whoa. Anyways, we spent our summer swimming in Rigby Lake, playing with friends, and riding our bikes. I finally got a baby seat on my bike so now we can all go. Woo Hoo!

In June Seth turned the Big 5! I can't believe he is that old! He had a great birthday and wanted a transformer cake, so I let the professionals at Broulim's help me out with that one. I know, I know I sold out, but I knew I couldn't make what he wanted. I've also been busy crocheting. We (my mom, my sister-in-law Ashlee, and I ) started selling crocheted hats at a store here in Rigby. That kept me busy a lot of the summer. Surprisingly enough, people bought them all year. So here are a few I made for my neighbors  kids and mine.

We did eventually make it up to the cabin this summer and hiked the falls, which was way too much fun! I just absolutely love it there! Here's the fam at Stewart Falls. We also had fun doing our annual zoo visit, and feeding the ducks along the green belt. We also made it to Lagoon, and the carnival. 















We attempted our first camping trip this summer as well. My family camps at Bear Lake about every year, so this year I really wanted the boys to experience camping. Summer is Brad's busiest time, so he couldn't make it with us, and I thought I could handle one day by myself. My family was all there of course so that was super helpful, but it was hard to keep all the boys out of the fire and not lost. We did all survive, but I couldn't sleep all night in our tent, because I thought we were going to get eaten by a bear. We also went to Minatonka Cave which Seth just loved! Luke liked it the whole way in, and didn't like it the whole way out. Ethan stayed out with my uncle which was a life saver.
 

In August or maybe September Seth started kindergarten. He is doing so well! He knows all his ABC's and is starting to read. I am so proud of my little buddy! It took me a while to get used to being on a different schedule, but we are finally getting the hang of it. He goes everyday half a day in the afternoons.
He loves his teacher Mrs. Tucker, and if anybody asks what his favorite part of school is he says, "the bus" because he likes to bounce up when they hit the bump on the way home.

We had an awesome Halloween this year! We dressed up as Batman characters. (I have to give most of the credit to Caranna, cuz she did this with her family not too long ago, and we loved it!) Anyways, Luke was Batman (of course), Ethan was Robin, Seth was two-face, and I was Poison Ivy, Brad was going to be Mr. Freeze, but he had to work too late. Seth has been asking to be two face ever since last Halloween, so he was super excited when his face turned out so cool. He loved it! I ended up taking them all to King's because they were having a costume contest, and Seth ended up winning 2nd place! He got a $30 gift card to King's and spent it on 2 toys for himself and one for each brother. He's the best big brother ever! He really is as sweet as he sounds.









November 9th Ethan turned 2 years old.  He loves Spiderman, Batman, and any other man.  He loves his blankie, and bottle (which we are taking away as we speak).  He loves being outside, and the swings.  He also loves his brothers in every way.....loves to play and loves to fight. 





The second week of November is going down in the history books. We (me and Brad, and our friends the Barton's and the Smith's) went on vacation to Hawaii! I know! It's just crazy! I can't believe we actually got to go there. And let me tell you it is all I ever dreamed it would be. We spent 6 days on the Big Island, and 3 days on Oahu. The whole trip was amazing from the air plane ride to snorkeling (this was my first time on a big plane) :) I have never seen such cool things. My favorite was seeing the sea turtles while we were snorkeling. They were just right there by us! We did some amazing things while we were there; one highlight was a manta ray dive. We were so close to them that they would bump us sometimes, and they were huge! I also loved playing in the giant wave on Sunset Beach. We couldn't stop laughing it was so fun! We went to the Polynesian Cultural Center (which was amazing) and Pearl Harbor, we also went to see the volcano, and where it erupted and covered a whole subdivision not too long ago. I had a wonderful time, but I missed the boys like crazy! I would call every night to see how they were doing, but I couldn't talk to them because I was afraid we would all be too sad. We brought them back some fun things, and it was super fun to walk in the door and get mauled to death! I loved every minute of it!





Now we're just getting ready for Christmas, and I can't wait to see the boys' faces! We hit some amazing deals on Black Friday and got some super fun things for super great prices! I love Christmas! All in all it was a super fun year, sorry for the quick sum up, and I'll try to do better. People have probably stopped reading my blog because it's been so long, so for my faithful friends out there who still check....This is for you!

4 comments:

kandis said...

Loved the update Kim! Your family is so cute!

Child Family said...

YAY! I have been waiting for an update. Sounds like things are going well for you guys. I am super jealous you got to go to Hawaii. Someday maybe. Your family is super cute!! Keep posting, I love to be able to see what you are up to.

Brandi said...

Love the halloween costumes kim. You are such a good and cute mom. So fun that you got to go to Hawaii!

Halo BW said...

Please post more often!

https://www.cekaja.com/info/cara-klaim-asuransi-kesehatan-cigna